Saturday, April 11, 2009

Spring Has Sprung

By golly, I think it's finally here! I didn't wear a jacket today, that's one sign. I didn't wear any overshoes or rubber boots today, that's another sign. No gloves, no toque. Yep, it's spring. Even if it snows again, I'll still think spring.
I'm going to go out and water the horses as soon as I have finished this. It's really windy here, but I really don't mind the wind. I think it is just part of Saskatchewan and we have to accept it. I really enjoy this time of year, it is my favorite, next to fall. My very favorite thing to do is making rivers. There is just nothing in this world that is more fun than making rivers. You can slop around in the water and float things and splash and create new rivers. There is just no end. Then of course there is the flowers and grass starting to take hold and the hills start getting green and the air is so fresh. And miracle of miracles, the baby animals start popping out! There is nothing like the baby goats, chicks, calves, colts, puppies, kittens, you name it. They are just like little human babies, just full of joy and wonderment. They have not yet met the harshness that can sometimes come with age.
The horses are losing their winter hair and my allergies are rampant, but I don't care, even the smell of the feed lot where the horses winter smells better in the spring. The horses just love it when you take the curry comb to them and scratch them all over. It makes me laugh to see them stretch out their necks and make funny faces and you can almost hear them saying "Ooh, that feels good."
The mares that are going to have babies are starting to look uncomfortable and I always imagine them thinking how good it will feel once the babies are born.
Speaking of babies being born, my baby was born a few years ago, (I won't say how many) and I know what a relief that was. But I wouldn't change anything about her or the time I have spent with her and am looking forward to spending many years more driving her crazy, (its my turn).
Happy Birthday Baby! Much happiness and many blessings in 2009. Love you bunches!
Mom

2 comments:

Fairy Mae said...

awwww....thanks mom!

SueFitz said...

Congrats on your blogoversary! 9/16/09