Monday, October 13, 2008

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving Day. I have so much to be thankful for that I don't know where to begin. I am thankful for my family, my friends, my job, my life.

I think I am one of the luckiest people alive. I have and am living my dream. That is having my daughter whom I love very much, my family, whom I love very much, and some of the most amazing friends, whom I love very much. On top of that, my lifelong love of horses and basically all animals, has been a reality for most of my life.

Yesterday was a really ugly day, it was rainy and cold, so I decided I had better go and check on a mare that is due pretty soon. (It is an oops, she and Silas had an affair that was not in the cards). Come to think of it Meg and Mikey are also oops. That Silas is sure sneaky. Anyway, it was terrible out so I brought everyone home and put them in the little pasture for the night and I cut out Sadie and her baby Mikey, (he was shivering) and put them in the barn. That Mikey is such a little cutie. Then locked everyone in the little pasture and proceeded to my nieces for a delicous Thanksgiving supper.

This morning I went out to separate Cookie, (the expectant mom) and Jane and her baby Meg. The horses co-operated beautifully, and after some coaxing in patting and a bit of pleading, got everyone where they needed to be. Then I stood there and drank in their beauty. They were a bit upset because some of their buddies couldn't come with, there was some calling back and forth and a bit of galloping with mains and tail flowing (as much as Appaloosas manes and tails flow).
Two of my favorite things in the world to listen to is anything by Strauss and the sounds of horses neighing a friendly call or anything they do as long as it isn't the sound of them being afraid or hurt. I could watch them for hours and all they have to do is swish a tail a time or two or come over and say hello.
Yes, I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: