Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wind and More Wind

Boy, if we would have had snow, today would have been one heck of a blizzard. I opened the front door this afternoon just in time to see the wind blow a couple of big chunks of roofing off the garage. Scared the heck out of the goats that were laying by the garage.
My neighbour and his daughter came with a load of square straw bales and they helped me put them up in the loft. If you threw them just right you could almost hit the person standing ten or twelve feet away in the head.
I went to see a neighbour today that I haven't visited in a long time. What a nice visit we had. She had phoned to say she had a few pails of apples and did I want them for my pig. Of course I said I did. Bubbles is getting so she waits for me to give her a few apples before she ties into her oats. Is that the same as eating your dessert first?
I was supposed to be in Prince Albert today and tomorrow, but it got called off. My cohorts car is acting up so we didn't go. Kind of glad we didn't go, I would hate to drive in this wind. Boy, would that eat of the gas driving against it.
The dogs were glad I didn't go. I think they are really tired of me taking off. Spent a nice day just doing what ever I wanted.

2 comments:

Wilma said...

Ruthie!
Welcome to the fab world of blogging!

Ruthie Tuesday said...

Thank you, I am not really sure what I'm doing, but I guess one is never to old to learn!!!