Saturday, October 18, 2008

Birthday Time

Well, another birthday has come and gone. Spent it quietly, had lots of phone calls and cards. Read a couple of good one liners today pertaining to age.
Don't count the years, make the years count
Don't resent growing old - many are denied the privelege
I thought they were both very good and very timely.
Did some fencing today, sure was nice outside. I actually worked up a sweat. Had lots of help, 4 dogs, about 6 cats and 5 goats, all were lending moral support. No help, just moral support. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon, got lots done, had good fresh air, did a little cussing and felt rather pleased with myself when I was done for the day. Have to have another go at it tomorrow. Got to get some housework done one of these days as well. Seem to always find something else to do instead. Sometimes it's just reading or writing, but it gets me out of housework. I really hate it. Would much rather spend my time outside.
My mare is acting like she is going to have her baby any day now, my niece will sure be ticked off if Cookie has her baby before she does. Angi is getting mighty tired of waiting, I must remind her that it could be worse. Cookie has had to wait for her baby for eleven months!!!

No comments: