Sunday, November 9, 2008

Helping Hands

Today I found out the age of chivalry isn't dead. I was working outside all day today, trying to get things done before winter decides that it's time.
One of the jobs I had was some fencing along side the road. I loaded everything up in the truck, including the dogs, they were back up in case I really needed help. Anyway, I hauled everything I needed over to the fence and was just hauling the last thing, which is sor of a box thing that I use to stand on when I'm pounding posts in. While I was draging it down into the ditch, a white half ton drove by and the fellow waved and proceed by. A little while later, I was busy pounding the posts in and the white half ton came back and stopped. It was a former co-worker I had when I was working at the Nursing Home.
He said he just had to come back cause he wondered what the heck I was going to do with the box I was pulling along. He grabbed the post maul and had those posts pounded in record time. Bless his heart! The age of chivalry is alive and well!
It was actually quite a nice day out today. I got alot done, that is we (me and the dogs) got alot done. I burned the paper garbage and clean up a bit in the barn. Got my fencing done. Carried out the bags of garbage. Broke the ice on the water trough. My heater wasn't working so got that straightened around. Would you believe, there was about four inches of ice on that trough. I broke it all up with the post mall and shovelled all the ice out. My troup (the dogs) and I went up in the big pasture and counted noses. Everybody checked and accounted for. My, the horses look good. It has been such a good fall, plenty of moisture has made the fall pastures really good. I don't think I will have to start feeding until the end of Novemeber, maybe, with any kind of luck, later than that. The colts are so cute. Mikey is really getting dark, he was a real sorrel when he was born, but is turning a dark liver chestnut. He is so cute. Little Mia, the new baby is just as bright as a penny as well. She is a golden palamino. I am so lucky.

No comments: