Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Takin' Time to Think

I can't believe I haven't written for all this time. Must get in the groove.
I have been so busy that I haven't had time to sit and think and reflect a bit, so am taking that time right now!
Sometimes it seems like only yesterday that I retired. The time goes by so fast. It is hard to believe that three years have flown by. I can't say I regret retiring. At first I was skeptical, but as time goes by, I'm so glad I did.
I pity anyone who is not enjoying their retirement. I have never been so busy doing what I like to do in my life, and I seem to be getting busier.
I took on another part time job. I have a friend who is an electrician, a fellow who has been very good to me over the years, doing extra jobs when he came to do a job and such. He had aske me some time ago if I would do his books, but I declined and I already had a part time job I liked very much. However, he approached me again as he just couldn't find anyone to do his books, so I accepted. It has been quite an undertaking as no one has done anything for almost all year. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but will have to put more extra time into it for a while yet. Once I'm caught up though, it will only be once or twice a month and that's okay as my other part time is twice a week. I'm lucky that both places let me choose my days so that one doesn't feel really tied down and it does keep me on my toes mentally.
I have been so fortunate all my working career to have always had a job I liked. I have always had great bosses, never had one I didn't get along with and can call them all good friends. The same goes for co-workers. I don't think many people can say that!
There is so much for a retiree to do. I just don't have enought hours in the day to get it all done.
Presently I am helping out with the Bethlehem Live that is being presented this weekend. It is a journy to Bethlehem to view the Baby Jesus. You encounter, fellow travellers, Roman soldiets, beggars, a market place, money lenders, inn keepers, animals, shepherds and finally, the manger scene. This is all outdoors and quite an undertaking by a tremendous amount of volunteers and so worth the trip. After the trip, you may go and have cake and refreshments. Oh, and before you go, while you are waiting for your turn to go on the trip, you are treated to local talent.
Then on Saturday is the Christmas party for the horsey group I belong to. It's always fun.
Then there is our weekly painting buddy get together where we all have a project to work on. There are some beautiful ones being done for Christmas gifts.
Yes, just thinkin', I am one lucky person.

2 comments:

Fairy Mae said...

There is always one or two people I work with that I would love to strangle!

Scott said...

One or two people, Fairy Mae? Try the whole lot of them! Haha! But seriously, I enjoy this blog a lot. Can I link to it on my site (http://scottstipoftheday.blogspot.com)?
Would you be interested in a link exchange?
Hit me up and let me know :-)