Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lazy Days

I guess I shouldn't call it lazy days, I actually haven't been feeling all that good so haven't done to much, therefore 'lazy days'.
I slept most of yesterday, woke up feeling a bit better, watched some TV then went back to bed and slept like a baby.
Today, I did get some stuff accomplished. Went out to do chores and believe it or not, the hydrant in the barn was froze up. I hope that isn't a glimpse of things to come. The barn door was open and the wind was really blowing in. It didn't take long to thaw out, but I wasn't expecting that yet.
The goats and Madilynn, the llama elected to stay in today, so I threw them some hay and shut the door. It is rather chilly out.
Came in and started the dishes and am building what smells like a delicious stew. Swept the floor, let the dogs in and out ten times today, then sat down and finished a poem I had started on some time ago and wrote a new one that I have been thinking about for some time.
I must sit down and write more often, once I get started, I can't stop. I do enjoy it.
I didn't get to my remember group at the Nursing Homes today. I felt kind of bad as today would have been the last time our group would meet in the old Nursing Home. They are moving everything over to the new facility on the twentieth. I will miss the old buildings, I know it will be nice to be in a spanking new building, but I did spend twenty some years working in the old one. Lots of happy memories there.
I didn't make it to painting last night either. I have to get back on the wagon as I have so much I want to get finished before Christmas and I don't seem to get at it unless I'm with a group.
Will head back to work tomorrow, enough of this lazing around.

No comments: